Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pumpkins

We finally made it to Stoney Ridge Farm to check out the pumpkin and gourd patches! We tried twice last year, to no avail (they were closed both times). Keely and I made the trip out with Aaron, Meg, Ian, & Sara. These beautiful pictures are courtesy of the very talented Aaron Nelson, of Evantide photography.





Keely and I carved a pumpkin--she enjoyed pulling out the guts and moving them from one pile to another. The seeds were super yummy all roasted up!





We had a great time trick or treating with friends...the little ones started out in a wagon, but soon Keely was walking up to doors holding out her little bag for goodies!



5 comments:

Jodi said...

Those pictures Aaron took are SO gorgeous. What a cute little ladybug! So Emily...is that your actual belly painted like a jack-o-lantern?!

emily said...

I know, isn't Aaron so talented? It was such a beautiful autumn day too. You should check out his blog, http://evantidephotography.com/blog/

Yep, my "actual" belly! Eric thought it looked more like a smiley face since I didn't do the traditional triangle eyes and nose. Unfortunately all I had was tempera paint, so it started flaking and getting really itchy! One week to go!

The Horne's said...

LOVE that your Belly is Painted!!!

Alissa Maxwell said...

Those pictures are awesome and Keely's hat is fantastic. Seeing great photos reminds me that we need to get some taken of our family... add that to the list! We'll be thinking of you this next week!

aimee said...

Cute belly!!